It’s
quite some time since I had my last post in this blog. Unfortunately, I had to
stop for a while because I’ve had quite some problems (computer and internet
problems) which made me incapable in creating even a single post. What’s worse
is that it also badly affected my online job as I was forced to work in an
internet café for days. Though I manage to carry on the job, I realized that my
productivity was clearly affected that I missed to update this blog for weeks.
Learning from that experience, I created a list on how you can maintain your
productivity if you’re working from home.
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Flickrcc |
Make Sure Your Computer is
in Good Condition- Keeping your computer in good
condition by doing a simple system check is just one way on how you can maintain
productivity if you’re working from home. You see, by not doing such simple
task, you’re increasing the risk of less productivity which could lead you in losing
money. But by just simply doing a simple system check like running a virus scan
even once a week or once a month, you’re keeping your computer safe from harmful
attacks by viruses and malwares, etc; and your job would be put out at stake.
Have back-ups-Being
prepared is always a good thing to do. And what better way to do it if you’re
working from home than having back-ups like a laptop or net book for your
computer. You’ll never know what’s going to happen. While in a middle of task,
say, there might be a power interruption. So to be able to continue working
when that happens, having a laptop or netbook is a good idea. And since your
job is done online, a plug-and-play kit is a good alternative for your internet
connection. So even when there’s power interruption and problem with your
internet connection, you can still continue working and can maintain your
productivity.
Do Things Offline-
As someone, whose work is done online, certainly you need a computer and internet
connection to complete a task. But if you’re into “writing”, sure you can still
do this the old fashioned way. Having a pen and paper at hand is a good
alternative if ever you encounter any problem with your computer or internet
connection. Don’t let a single problem stop you from writing especially if it’s
your passion.
Have Self-Discipline/Handle
Time Wisely- For persons working at home, clearly they
own their time. At most, we have the freedom when to work and when to stop
working. But due to the fact that we’re working from home, we become too relax
and are prone to laziness. At times we mismanage handling our time thus ruining
schedules and eventually become less productive because of this undisciplined manner.What’s
worse is that you might get more than just ruining a schedule. So if you don’t
want that to happen, learn to have self-discipline and handle your time wisely.
![]()

No comments:
Post a Comment